Thursday, April 10, 2014

Artist Series - Day 100: Robh Ruppel



Day 100!  I wanted to post someone "special" for breaking into 3 digits, and Robh definitely counts for me.  I have so much respect for this man as an artist and an art director.  I have been fortunate to get 3 portfolio reviews from him, and each time, he absolutely tears me a new one.  His eye is incredibly sharp, his comments are on-point, and he doesn't hold back at all (I hope, anyway, if he's holding back, a full blast might kill you!).  Each time he's ended with "Well, you have a long road ahead of you."  Sure, it hurts, but it is HONEST, and he's been great about giving me actionable things to work on.  It may be a long road, but it gets shorter when I talk to him.

Robh has worked on so many things I love, from Disney movies to illustrations and video games.  I would crawl through barbed wire to be able to take a class he was teaching.

Welcome to day 100.  I hope you keep following, we aren't even halfway to the end :)






No comments:

Post a Comment