Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Artist Series - Day 120 - Mike Yamada



Ok, FINALLY.  Every single day since DAY ONE, I've thought...what about Mike?  And it's seemed obvious, or a little too fanboy, or something...I dunno.  Today is my last day for a while in California, so I figured "What the heck?"  When I started painting and drawing back in 2008, like most people, I picked up "Skillful Huntsman", and fell in love with Mike's work.  That hasn't changed in 6 years. I feel very privileged that what has changed is now I call him a friend.  His paintings and his philosophy have inspired me greatly, and I hope they do the same for you.  (And yes, I am going to feature his amazing wife too...they work together enough that it was pretty hard to find work that was just him!  Hopefully, I succeeded.)








No comments:

Post a Comment