Thursday, January 2, 2014

Artist Series - Day 2: Hasui Kawase

Ok, day two!  I'm going with someone dead this time...I'm still working through how I want to organize these posts (if at all), and I'm not sure if I'm going to focus on current working artists or just those that I love and use for inspiration.

Kawase definitely falls into my "inspiration" category.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasui_Kawase

I found Kawase while searching for reference for a vis-dev project I'm working on with some friends, where we re-interpret the Japanese fairy tale "The Snow Maiden", or "Yuki Onna".  He is currently probably my favorite artist that I am looking at.





His use of colour, shape and size relationships is, IMHO, amazing.



I could spend days taking these images apart to see what he did, and the choices he made.  I hope you look into his work and are equally enthralled.

No comments:

Post a Comment