Thursday, December 2, 2010

DRWG200 Record Cover project


So, originally we were supposed to glue record jackets to a board, apply matte-medium, and then sand off and draw new parts...

I kinda said, "Screw that!" and did mine digitally. I took some blind contour drawings and one life drawing that I did during the semester, and used them as masks for the various photoshop layers...then I masked out a little bit more and played with some blending modes.

The result is not something I feel terribly strongly about one way or the other, but I like it better than I would have playing with a power-sander...