Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Artist Series - Day 134: Brandon Graham



I love Brandon's work.  I love his drawings, and I love his "slice of life" stories set in the most bizarre places.  There's a sense of life and again, authenticity, that calls to me.

I learned about him right after my first year at art school.  I had agreed to "intern" for a local animation production, which really meant they were gracious enough to let me sit in their office for 2 weeks...dear GODS I was bad....but anyway, they set me to making props and animal-human hybrids based on the work of Brandon, who had been on the project before me.  They didn't use anything I did, but it was a great experience, and I was introduced to some great art :)




(RX Comics is my local comic shop btw, I love he put it in there)





No comments:

Post a Comment